- LMR ® – DB is identical to standard LMR plus has the advantage of being watertight. The addition of waterproofing compound in and around the foil/braid insures continuous reliable service should the jacket be inadvertently damaged during installation or in the future.
- LMR ® – FR is a non-halogen (non-toxic), low smoke, fire retardant cable designed for in-building runs that can be routed anywhere except air handling plenums. LMR-FR is UL/NEC & CSA rated‘CMR’ and ‘FT4’ respectively, meets FAA FAR25 requirements and is MSHA-P for mining applications.
- Flexibility and bendability are hallmarks of the LMR-1700 cable design. The flexible outer conductor enables the tightest bend radius available for any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss is another hallmark feature of LMR-1700. Size for size LMR has the lowest loss of any flexible cable and comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables.
- RF Shielding is 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB). The multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor is rated conservatively at > 90 dB (i.e. >180 dB between two adjacent cables).
- Weatherability: LMR-1700 cables designed for outdoor exposure incorporate the best materials for UV resistance and have life expectancy in excess of 20 years.
- Connectors: A selection of connectors including type-N, 7/16 DIN, and 7/8 EIA flanges are available for LMR-1700. Other interfaces are available on request. Transition to interfaces smaller than type-N is best accomplished with a short jumper cable.
- Cable Assemblies: All LMR-1700 cable types are available as pre-terminated cable assemblies. Refer to the section on FlexTech for further details.