PA is the abbreviation for the words Public Address, which means that a sound is projected to a large number of people which is louder than the original sound and can make the speech audible to every single person in the crowd. The idea of PA speakers in our minds is that of the large amplifiers used in concerts or big events, however, little is known about the portable PA systems that are also entering the market and changing the concept of speakers with long wires that keep the performers get tangled in them every now and then. A PA system is not just limited to providing amplified sound, there are many other features that are offered in this system. Here are some of the features of the portable PA system.
- It’s a portable system used to address the public and project sounds from instruments, voices, and several other acoustic sources.
- A portable PA system can comprise microphones, mixers, loudspeakers, and amplifiers.
- Front speakers are directed towards the audience, whereas the monitors point towards the performers.
- A mixer helps in adjusting the EQ and effects, it can be done on stage or be controlled by an audio engineer sitting at the mixing table.
- They are used from centers to leisure clubs to stadia and many airports.
Determiners of a good Portable PA System?
- There are many factors that can determine the quality of a PA system. The portable PA speakers should be lightweight and easy to carry. It should also give the sound for which the speakers have been used, otherwise, the purpose of using amplifiers gets defeated.
- The kind of sound that needs to be transmitted to people should first be captured by the microphones before the sound is processed in a mixer and then amplified. the sound you want people to hear has to be captured by a microphone before it’s processed by a mixer and then amplified.
- It’s important to know what you plan to use the amplifiers for, the quality assurance of the PA speakers is also dependent on the size of the audience to which you want to play it and also the price range.
- Portable all-in-one PA systems are the best types for those who do not look into the finest kinds of PA. They contain an in-built EQ (replacing the need for an external mixer) and power amplifiers that give a boost to the voltage in the signals.
- The benefit of having a portable speaker is that everything is contained in one unit. As the name suggests, it’s relatively small so you can chuck it in the back of the car and you’re good to go. However, you’ll miss out c on the larger range of sounds and setups you get with separate components. It simply won’t sound as good as other usually more expensive options.
- As the name portable suggests, the point is to have a system that is small in size and can easily be carried anywhere it’s needed in one unit form.
- A more advanced rig would comprise a set of microphones, connected with a pre-amplifier to boost the level of the line. Then there is the mixer, a power amplifier, and then a speaker. These portable PA systems work best in large open spaces where a high-definition sound is required.
Portable PA speakers
- There are some specifications that can determine if the speakers are capable enough to be called good amplifiers or not.
- The Wattage – This tells us about the potential of the volume and clarity in the voice of the speakers.
- The Weight & the Size– As speakers are measured in inches, the diameter can be different. The larger is the size of the speaker, the better will be the sound coming from it.
- Sound quality– With any other kind of equipment, there will be seen an identifiable connection between the sound quality and the price. The portable speakers are the advanced sets of PA system, therefore, are a 1st choice of the singers and performers.
- MIXERs– Digital mixers also have built-in effects such as reverb and delay. These are very useful for vocals, also they can be adjusted by sound engineers to suit their music.
A portable PA system can be a great companion for musicians, leaders that hold big congregations, party organizers, and many event managers. They are easier to use than conventional speakers and can be carried along anywhere you go.