Coaxial cable is frequently used in the field of electronics and mechanics. It possesses a variety of types, standards, and applications. Among these types, LMR-1200 is prominent and highlighted due to its low-loss feature.
If you also want to know about the fact that LMR-1200 is considered as low loss Rf coaxial level then follow this article till the end.
What is LMR-1200?
LMR-1200 is a specific type of coaxial cable. Coax or coaxial cable is a type of electrical cable consisting of an inner conductor or enveloped by a concentric conducting shield, with the two separated by an insulating material. Many coaxial cables also have a defensive outer coat or sheath. The term “ Coaxial” applies to the inner conductor and the outlying shield sharing a geometric axis.
It is designed as a non-toxic coaxial wire used for a variety of applications. It is one of the low-loss coaxial cables. LMR-1200 includes the larger coaxial cables that are specifically designed for medium antenna feeders. It has the capability to run with any application requiring an easily routed, flexible low-loss cable.
Construction of LMR-1200:
The construction of LMR-1200 can be simplified as follows
- LMR-1200 consists of a bare copper tube as its inner conductor and aluminum tape for its outer conductor.
- It is featured with foam PE dielectric and tinned copper braid.
It is important to mention that the outer flexible conductor enables the tightest bend radius of any cable having the same size and performance.
Specifications of LMR-1200
The specifications of LMR-1200 may vary slightly according to a particular product or manufacturer or brand. But the general specifications remain the same. These general specifications are mentioned as follows
- Impedance: 50 ohm
- Core: 8.86 mm
- Dielectric: 23.37 mm
- Outside diameter: 30.48 mm
- Shield: Double
- Maximum attenuation: 1.3 Db/100ft
Optimum temperature changes:
- Installation temperature range: -40 degrees to 85 degrees C
- Storage temperature range: – 70 degree C to 85 degrees C
- Optimum temperature range: 40 degrees to 85 degrees C
Applications of LMR-1200:
LMR-120 possesses a variety of applications as a low-loss coaxial cable. It is safe to use due to its non -toxic properties. The applications and uses of LMR-1200 are mentioned as follows
- Mobile antennas
- Building top-sites
- Medium antenna feeder runners
- Jumper assemblies for 2-¼ feeders
- Jumper assemblies for 1-⅝ feeders
Moreover, LMR-12– coaxial cables may be used in each and every application that requires easily routed, low loss Rf cable. Examples are
- Working load limit (WLL )
- Global positioning system (GPS)
- Wireless LAN (WLAN )
- Wireless internet service provider (WISP)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
Other standards of LMR- coaxial cable:
Along with LMR-1200. Other standards of LMR coaxial cable are also available. These standards of LMR differ from one another on the basis of general specifications ( as mentioned above) but the basic properties remain the same. Other standards of LMR-coaxial cable are mentioned as follows
- LMR 100
- LMR 195
- LMR 200
- LMR 240
- LMR 300
- LMR 400
- LMR 500
- LMR 600
- LMR 900
- LMR 1700
Is LMR-1200 a low-loss coaxial cable?
It is true that at the industrial level, LMR-1200 is considered a low-loss coaxial cable. It is double shielded and designed in such a way that it possesses the following prominent features
- Outdoor exposure
- UV resistant
- Has the lowest loss
- Has longer durability
- Has a life expectancy of over 20 years.
Due to these prominent features, LMR-1200 is a favorable coaxial wire. It is mostly preferred at the industrial level due to its bright and significant feature of low loss and extended durability.
Benefits of using LMR-1200 at the industrial level :
LMR-1200 is preferable due to its following mentioned benefits
- Low loss: It is well known to give low loss of any flexible cable while comparable loss to semi-rigid hard-line cables
- Bending and flexibility: The construction of LMR-120o describes that the outer conductor enables flexibility and bending.
- Rf shielding: It has multiple bounded foils that surround the outer conductor for providing extra Rf shielding ( 50 Db) more than ordinary ones.
- Weatherability: it is designed in such a way as to withstand the outside weather and perfectly stable for outer exposure.
- Durability: It is durable, UV resistant, and have a long life expectancy
LMR-1200 is a specific standard of coaxial cables. It is well known as a low-loss Rf coaxial cable at industrial levels. It has a diversity of applications as mentioned above. The specifications of LMR-1200 may slightly deviate according to the product and brand but still, we mention its general characteristics. Moreover, the construction, specifications, and features of LMR -1200 are enough to justify the fact that “ LMR-1200 is low loss coaxial cable at industrial and commercial level”.